Happy Winter Solstice!
Are you ready for Winter? Winter will officially hit your calendar on December 21, 2018, the Winter Solstice. We will experience the shortest daylight and the longest night of the year. This phenomenon marks the beginning of Winter.
We might encounter some problems on our garbage containers/cans and the trash during this season. We know it’s also the holiday season so we prepared some tips for you!
Tips for Recycling During and After the Holidays
- Extreme weather affects our employees and trucks. When conditions are harsh, roads get treacherous and safety is threatened. On those days be patient as we try give you the best possible service.
- Most cities don’t have styrofoam recycling, but the Northern California organization Waste to Waves accepts clean, white, Expanded Polystyrene (EPS) foam —the styrofoam used inside surfboards. They recycle the material into new surfboards and have drop off locations throughout California.
- The East Bay Depot for Creative Reuse in Oakland sells inexpensive art supplies for education and household use. The store has 4,500 square feet of reused materials. They accept a variety of donation materials. They accept paper shopping bags, corks, and holiday items such as decor, ornaments, lights, craft supplies, ribbons, and bows. Call 510-547-6470 to be sure your donations will be accepted.
- Compost food scraps from holiday parties. These events generate a lot of food scraps which you can either compost at home or send back to local farms by participating in curbside composting.
- Once your garbage has been collected please retrieve your cans as soon as possible to prevent them from blowing away.
Need help in cleaning your garbage cans or containers? Always Green Always Clean can help! We clean both commercial and residential garbage cans and containers in the San Francisco Bay Area.
For inquiries you may contact us online or call 877-226-2532.
“Winter is a season of recovery and preparation.” – Paul Theroux
Happy Winter Solstice from Always Clean Always Green!